Thursday, August 20, 2009

Four Years!!


First an update: the stitches are out and my neck is healing well!!  The incision is longer than what the Doctor wanted, but I'm ok with it as long as the cyst is out.  And that's what it was a sort of epidermal cyst that has no cause for concern.  Yay, I'm glad that is all over with!

Now on to more important things...

Today Ryan and I are celebrating our four year anniversary!  Four years ago I married the most amazing man that continues to amaze me everyday.  I thank God everyday, multiple times a day, that He blessed me with such a wonderful husband and best friend.  I'm not always the easiest to put up with (this may be an understatement), but Ryan not only does but would not think of it as "putting up" with me.  

We have had some tough moments during these last four years, especially this year, but one thing remains constant and that is our love.  When one of us gets down and envious of others, the other is there to remind them that our marriage and love are unbreakable.  

Ryan: I love you so much, I could never find the words to explain the love I have for you.  I feel so lucky to be married to you.  Thank you for all you do and all you are.  The day I married you I was madly in love with you and I never would have thought that four years later I could be even more in love with you, but I am!  

The best way for me to end this post is with the vows we said on our wedding day.  They touched my heart when we said them four years ago, and they still ring true today.  

Ryan, you have been the reason my heart has continued to beat since I was a very young woman.  I have loved you since I knew I trusted you and knew you would always be my friend.  I take your hand in mine this day and feel a warmth that I want to feel forever and ever.  I promise to protect, to support, and to comfort you in any need – to be at your side to encourage and guide.  I wish to always be in you influence, to feel of your love and to know that you are the best part of me.  I promise to be all that I am able to be and to be worthy of your love.  I marry you this day with a song in my heart, for I know we shall always walk together side by side in honesty and trust.

Stay tuned for an upcoming post to find out how we are celebrating our anniversary!  

No comments:

Post a Comment