Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Another Recipe!!

I made this (well Ryan grilled) chicken for dinner tonight! It was very yummy! I found this recipe in the June 2011 Food Network magazine. When planning meals I saw that I had all the ingredients on hand so I wouldn't have to spend any money to make this meal and I love trying new recipes! This was a definite winner!!

As you can see from the pictures below I paired the chicken with some rice, fruit, and salad.

Delicious!!
















Carolina Style Barbecue Chicken

Ingredients

1/2 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar (I had dark on hand)
1 1/2 tablespoons mustard powder (I only used 1 tablespoon)
2 teaspoons hot sauce (I used Cholula)
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (I used salted)
8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (2 to 2 1/4 pounds) (I used 4 chicken breasts)
Vegetable oil, for brushing

Directions

1. Preheat grill to medium. Whisk the yellow mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard powder, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Whisk in the butter.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then toss with about 1/3 of the mustard sauce in a large bowl until coated. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
3. Brush the grill grates with vegetable oil. Put about 1/4 cup of the remaining mustard sauce in a small bowl for basting and reserve the rest for topping. Grill the chicken, covered, basting occasionally with the sauce, until well marked and cooked through.
4. Serve the chicken with the reserved mustard sauce.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment