Sunday, January 24, 2010

My new love..

I will be the first to admit I'm not a makeup girl. I have no idea what foundation does or how to apply eye liner. I have made many failed attempts at buying what I call "color by number" eye shadow - they literally label which color goes where and I still can't seem to get it right. Luckily, for some reason I have the genes that don't require me to know these things. Thank goodness!! However...I love mascara, not sure why, but I have always loved it. I swore by a brand for many years because they made a brown/black color - black always seemed harsh for my fair (read: pale) skin tone. Well, come to find out other brands make a brown/black mascara as well. I was reading a blog, not sure which one, but the author swore by this...

maybelline.jpg


On my most recent Target expedition, I bought it, on a whim. Ok, not so much on a whim, I actually referred to my list (have I mentioned I'm a crazy list maker??) which reminded me about mascara to go from the book section down a couple aisles to the dreaded makeup aisles (perhaps I or Ryan will blog later about his eye-opening experience in the endless makeup choices!!). And there it was, Maybelline Mascara - it reminded me of Seventeen magazine and my Mom when I was 9. But I tried it - AND I LOVE IT!!! With a cheap eyelash curler this mascara is AMAZING!! I bought the brownish black waterproof mascara. Again, I know nothing about makeup and I truly LOVE this find!!


Just wanted you to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment